Libya

Discussion of all history subjects not related to World War 2.
TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Libya

Postby TISO » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Another interesting tidbit of info:
http://www.innercitypress.com/lib1ug061511.html

Outside the closed door session in the UN's North Lawn building on June 15, a European Permanent Representative complained to Inner City Press that all speeches inside were constructive “except Uganda.”

Uganda was until December on the Security Council, represented by Ambassador (and medical doctor) Ruhakana Rugunda. Inner City Press asked Rugunda if he had called for NATO to stop bombing, and Ruganda indicated that he had.

Inner City Press has now obtained and is publishing Uganda's representative Rugunda's statement in the Council's closed door meeting on Libya. The statement goes beyond calling for a ceasefire by NATO -- it says that the rebels in Libya are playing for external patrons and likens them to Mobutu in the Congo.

Rugunda says that what is happening in Libya is a civil war, not genocide, for which he gives as examples Rwanda and the Holocaust. He says that both Gaddafi and the rebels are engaged in war crimes, and cites positively the “provisional immunity” offered in Burundi.

In this case, of course, Gaddafi has already been referred to the International Criminal Court. Along the margins of the meeting, some Council members complained that too much power had been given to UN part time envoy al-Khatib, who hadn't even deigned to come to the June 15 meeting. The Western powers didn't want him to come, it was speculated. But what is he accomplishing
Here is the full text of Ugandan representative Rugunda's June 15 closed door speech:
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."
Lt. general Lebed Aleksandr Ivanovich

ram
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ram » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:35 am

The 'resource curse': An Alaskan solution for Libya?

"And why was the response in Saudi Arabia to hand out large sums of cash to the people? Presumably this was not because suddenly that they cared more about the people - the more likely answer is that this was a move to maintain political power and avoid demands for democracy," Torvik said. "So I think indeed the varieties of experience in the Middle East in the last months have much to do with oil revenues."

That is the trouble with that form of governance when the administrators did nothing but to spend the money of the natural resource of the nation and the people choose not to earn higher education and relied mainly on government subsidy for all the necessity of living. The people who are not used to paying taxes mainly because they were not allowed to be free and responsible citizens of their leader who lead the nation by exercising all forms of corrupt practices will naturally get confused of the democratic system. Only stupid people don't learn the skill of survival and eventually those who are left and choose to know the ways of democracy shall prevail.

In the meantime the transformation is violent and painful process but things are going to get better the way I look at it. Then when the time comes that the American and EU war investment had flourished and when the picking of which comes, then George W. Bush might be amongst the legendary Presidents for leading the war on terror. Obama of course will be decorated as the leader in whose term Bin Laden was killed and as the first of his kind to lead his country.
Colors are beautiful and deceiving.

von woodspeil
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Postby von woodspeil » Thu Sep 29, 2011 5:16 am

ram , when you say that obama is "the first of his kind " are you referring to his status as a felon and forger,a non US citizen ,an obvious enemy of israel or an international gun smuggler and killer of ordinary mexicans ?...or is it his blatant disregard for legislative procedure and respect for the constitution ?

as to him "getting osama " ..other than his word ,why would you presume that this alleged event had indeed transpired at all ? ...have you actually seen his alleged LFBC pdf ..that he released back in april ?

ram
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ram » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:00 pm

:lol: I don't agree and vehemently object with all that you post Woody, but I certainly like your sarcasm.

von woodspeil
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Postby von woodspeil » Sun Nov 06, 2011 2:04 pm

i understand that you object ram ...but have you actually taken the effort to see the ponderous evidential aguments of the platoons of adobe graffics wonks and typology experts who have taken the trouble to explain EXACTLY why they are convinced that the pdf image released FINALLY by the WH last april ,is not only a forgery ,but a very OBVIOUS ,amaturish and poorly executed forgery ?

none of these ppl were "birthers" or had any paticular 'partisan " ax to grinde ,prior to the WH release ..many ,in fact ,start their presentation with the disclaimer "im not a birther ...BUT .." ,some openly admit that they voted for obama ..all of them have paid a price ,of course ,for openly being honest on a subject in which they are proffesionals .being called "racists " ..nutballs ,etc .

note btw , that the hawaii DOH still refuses anyone access to visually inspect the original LFBC ..the SAME document that the WH pdf is allegedly a mere scan of ...claiming that the original document is still "private " ..dont you find this position a bit odd? ..the same document released with great fanfair to the entire world a few months ago in PDF form ...is still somehow still curiously "private" in its original "paper " incarnation ?

ram ...can you guess why vitually all the adobe experts have called the PDF a fake ? ..why it took THREE YEARS to finally see it (only an online image , of course ) ..? and why the DOH in HI still EVEN NOW ,wont allow anyone to even see the original ? ...

ram..so far ,obama's DOJ has intentionally aided and abbetted the murder of HUNDREDS of innocent catholics in mexico ..have you watched the HOC hearings on the ATF gunrunning fiasco ? ..the mass murder of hundreds of innocents ,just to promote a cynical political agenda here in the USA ...ram ...WAKE UP !..you own a browser AND a BRAIN ..

just because he looks good and sounds good dosnt mean that he IS good ,even IF he IS the "first of his kind"

ram
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ram » Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:15 pm

All right amigo you'd pointed out those matters like there was optimum forensic investigation on the person of Obama. The fact remains however that there is no judicial declaration that will validate your claim. Ergo, since no court of law had pronounced a judgment over the alleged accusations of forgery hence there is no valid evidence that will prove against the citizenship of Obama.

By the way why did you single out the hundreds who died in Mexico? What about the innocent lives of Native Americans? The Filipinos who died during the American occupation? Those who died during the Banana War? The infamous Vietnam war and Korean war? The death toll in the Middle East? Afghanistan? The American pragmatism is not surprising at all. Those atrocities cannot be blamed to only one person, not even the CIA, it's part and parcel of the existence of the empire.

von woodspeil
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Postby von woodspeil » Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:54 am

well ram , im certainly no expert in such matters but Mara Ziebest apparently is ..she has written several textbooks on PC graphics ,has been in the business for decades and is considered especially well versed in all things "adobe acrobat " ..i think i have the spelling right ,pls google up her dissertation on the obama LFBC released in pdf format last april .

while it is true that ALL the involved US court justice's have carefully dodged the responsibilities they solemnly SWORE to uphold when they took their high offices ,any intelligent ,rational adult (thanks to the internet ) can get a fairly good briefing on the matter with only a few hours of due diligence .

the civilian high courts of pre war germany 'rubber stamped " all manner of criminal malfesance by hitler and co in the late 30s ,history did NOT absolve them just because they were sitting judges at the time ...and mark my words, my friend ,HISTORY will NOT absolve the US courts for their cowardly ,shameful and ultimately ..TREASONOUS conduct in this matter either .

ram ,i know you to be fairly objective and pragmatic on most matters ,im not sure why you seem to intentionally avoid the ever growing weight of circumstantial evidence which would implicate this WH in perpetrating the greatest fraud in history but despite the judicial lack of PC spine in this affair ...your partisan good faith in support this admittedly agreeable fellow is simply misplaced .

as to the various misdeeds of US forces in the cold war and in previous actions ,we have indeed never achieved perfect grace .i can only suggest that we have mostly striven to be "the good guys " in an often quite nasty and beastly world .certainly we spilled our fair share of blood and treasure evicting your fellow asians from the dubious "equality " you enjoyed during their "greater east asia co-prosperity " occupation era.

the obama DOJs "fast and furious " operation was allegedly an attempt to "catch "the big fish " by INTENTIONALLY allowing thousands of weapons to be secretly smuggled into the hands of a terrorist criminal entity currently AT WAR with a govt we consider a trading partner .we did NOT inform that govt nor even our own ATF agents embedded with the federales therein .we did NOT attempt in ANY manner to track said weapons by GPS devices ,drones ,spy satellite or human surviellance ...CLEARLY ,the only possible tracking of such arms could occur only AFTER they we recovered after a raid or gunfight with the federales .thousands of these arms remain yet unrecoverd .

this is not remotely like arming the contras to fight a cold war era, hostile , marxist govt in nicarragua or anti castro insurgents in the early 60s ...nor has ANY US law enforcement agency EVER knowingly let guns fall into the hands of criminals ...for reasons that should be rather obvious ..marked bills someimes ,drugs perhaps ...but NEVER weapons .

these 200 dead mexicans are merely a PART of the price this odiously corrupt and cynical anti gun WH was willing to pay to boost its anti gun agenda in the US ..to give credence to its own oft repeated lie "that 90% of the guns being used in the narco terror are coming from LEGAL US gun dealers " ...were it not for the death of agt Terry ,this criminal conspiracy would STILL be fully operational .

seriously ram(and ricky) , what other possible scenario makes a bit of common sense ?..face reality compadres ,if obama is willing to secretly smuggle arms to murderous narco thugs and thus ,abet mass murder, MERELY to gain traction against the second amendment at home ,he is certainly NOT above mere forgery ,conspiracy and fraud to gain such high office ..is he ?

please take the time to OBJECTIVELY review a few of the arguments presented by those adobe experts who explain in detail WHY the april PDF released by the WH is clearly NOT a simple scan of any ordinary paper document originating from the hawaii DOH ...and by all means ,feel free to link me to any REMOTELY credible rebuttal you might discover ,thereof ..

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Sat May 17, 2014 10:07 pm

No fly zone over Bhenghazi all over again. Will NATO interfere this time:
http://voiceofrussia.com/news/2014_05_17/Libyas-army-declares-no-fly-zone-over-Benghazi-4819/

Interestingly from reports (nowdays quite rare) Gadaffi loyalists are still fighting and allied with Tuareg (who yearn for good old days when they acctually were respected) are holding quite a large chunk of the coutry and are regularily making hit and run guerrila attacks on all islamist sides currently fighting among themselves. They are also making attack and "targeted assasinantions" (israeli term) on islamist militias leaders.
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:28 am

Genghis Kahn

Return to “General History”