Syria

Discussion of all history subjects not related to World War 2.
TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Syria

Postby TISO » Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:00 pm

Plot thickens.
US parked carrier (USS Bush) at Syrian dorstep, Russia parked 3 warships (between Syria and US carrier) there too and i guess a cuple of subs as well, and now the Bear has spoken (Medvedov means "of the bear" in english):
Obviously Russians have enough of the BS they were getting and are getting serious. Normally Russians don't do it so loudly i.e. presidential adress which in their lingo is shouting "now we are deadly serious" (the only louder thing is sending troops which they did by sending 3 warships).
For english translation click CC on video:
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/russia-retaliates-against-us-puts-radar-station-combat-alert-prepares-take-out-european-missile

Cutting straight to the chase - in a nationally televized appearance by Russian president Dmitry Medvedev: in response to what the Russian believes is an active incursion and a potential act of eventual aggression on behalf of NATO countries in Eastern Europe (and hence the US), he he said the following (7 minutes in):
First, I am instructing the Defense Ministry to immediately put the missile attack early warning radar station in Kaliningrad on combat alert.

Second, protective cover of Russia's strategic nuclear weapons, will be reinforced as a priority measure under the programme to develop out air and space defenses.

Third, the new strategic ballistic missiles commissioned by the Strategic Missile Forces and the Navy will be equipped with advanced missile defense penetration systems and new highly-effective warheads.

Fourth, I have instructed the Armed Forces to draw up measures for disabling missile defense system data and guidance systems if need be...

Fifth, if the above measures prove insufficient, the Russian Federation will deploy modern offensive weapon systems in the west and south of the country, ensuring our ability to take out any part of the US missile defense system, in Europe. One step in this process will be to deploy Iskander missiles in Kaliningrad Region.

Other measures to counter the European missile defense system will be drawn up and implemented as necessary. Furthermore, if the situation continues to develop not in Russia's favor we reserve the right to discontinue further disarmament and arms control measures. Besides, given the intrinsic link between strategic offensive and defensive arms, conditions for our withdrawal from the New START Treaty could also arise."

Just my humble opinion:
If no fly-zone over Syria is declared (nowday lingo for a NATO bombing campaign) or US tries funny bussines Iran gets S-300 systems (which are held back at US request), probaly an upgrade of their BUK and THOR AA systems, an upgrade for Shkval's...... and God only knows what Chinese will sent to Iran (my guess their new anti-ship missiles with range up to 500km and new planes both held back at US request). Iskanders are probably going to Kaliningrad (they first mentioned that when Bush jr. was president but never publicly)
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."
Lt. general Lebed Aleksandr Ivanovich

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Syria

Postby TISO » Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:09 pm

Heavy aircraft-carrying missile cruiser (tyazholyy avianesushchiy raketnyy kreyser) Admiral Kuznjecov en route to syrian coast ETA early december.
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."

von woodspeil
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Postby von woodspeil » Mon Dec 05, 2011 3:29 pm

imo , it is foolish for us to meddle in these silly arab civil wars ,we have little to gain and no way to determine if the insurgents will be any better than the various current thugocracies ..

ram
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ram » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:00 am

von woodspeil wrote:imo , it is foolish for us to meddle in these silly arab civil wars ,we have little to gain and no way to determine if the insurgents will be any better than the various current thugocracies ..

Like what happened to Egypt where the new ruling political party is Islam. There is no democracy if there is no separation of the church and the state.
Colors are beautiful and deceiving.

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:15 am

Russians are installing "Yakhont" anti-ship missiles and additional S-300 AA missiles in Syria
Genghis Kahn

von woodspeil
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Postby von woodspeil » Sun Dec 25, 2011 8:57 am

its good to know that the russians are always doing their utmost to help prop up genocidal terrorst ,totalitarian regimes .tiso , given the russians problems with their own jihadist elements always blowing up train stations and school yards ...WHY do they ALWAYS support the same stripe of murderous cat abroad ?

what does putin and the average secular -orthodox white russian have to gain by aiding a apocalyptic jihadist regime to get ICBMs in iran ? how does the genocidal destruction of a tiny secular democracy in Israel possibly HELP russia ?

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Sun Dec 25, 2011 10:51 am

Actually US & NATO is supporting the islamists in Syrian, Lybian case or Lebanon few years back (US supporting lebanese wahhabis and saudi bankrolling them). Syrian goverment is secular (semi communistic and nationalistic) as ruling family Assads are of the Allawi sect which is considered bunch of heretics by Saudis/Wahhabis/Al Qaida and christians, druze, sunnis, shia, yazidis, alawwis have the same rights as the rest i.e. no religious laws like sharia. It's no wonder that current unreast is bankrolled by Saudis and other gulf oil states (Qatar) who want to turn Syria in a model islamist "democracy" in Saudi sense i.e. sharia laws. And from what i get these days i would take the reporting on Syria with a large pinch of salt. That is the reporting is completly one sided and as usual it is completly unproven. I'm shure that in aftermath we will find that most of the reports were either outright lies or hugley embellished by ussual suspects like in the case of Lybia or even as in case of Lybia atrocities perpetrated by rebels sold to the west as atrocities of the regime. From what one gets these days the so called "free syrian army" is mostly composed of imported mercenaries/jihadis from Lybia and gulf states entering trough and being proped up & trained by Jordan and Turkey with US and saudi money.
Jihadis are also still smoldering becouse during Iraq war Syrian security forces were quite effective in stoping jihadis from entering Iraq (approx. 80+ % of those were saudis).

It's in nobody's interests to have a huge saudi proped bloc of wahhabi countries in the middle east except those who make living on perpetual crisis (crisis is good for selling arms) or live from selling armaggedon to the public. That is why Russia is not supporting action against Syria and Iran.
Ask bosnians what saudi help gets you. They still can't rid of wahhabis even 10 years after the war and saudi bankrolled radicalisation of certain segment of muslims is stronger than during the war.

Iranian regime is much more sane and practical than for example Saudis. Iran helped US a lot during 2001 invasion of Afganistan when saudis were quite happy bankrolling Al qaida and taliban (Iran's deadly enemies). Iran acctually doesn't give rat's arse about Israel but unresolved issues of Palestinians is a good rallying point in ME. Support for Hezbollah has much more to do with them being Shia mojority in Sunni dominated world than with Israel itself.
Guess what will happen to Israel if Saudis get their way in Syria. Assad was at least trying to negotiate with Israel guess what wahhabis will do.
Genghis Kahn

von woodspeil
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Postby von woodspeil » Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:09 pm

well ,,of the various unsavory islamic factions ,i would have to rate the Wahhabi as among the most loathsome and dangerous .frankly ,i dont think any western democracy can ever have a sound ,long term ,truly symbiotic relationship with any fully islamized population ..certainly there is no getting along well ,when a non muslim majority state has to share borders with one.

btw tiso ,do you have a significant muslim minority in your country and do you allow much in the way of muslim immigration ?

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Tue Dec 27, 2011 3:12 pm

We have some muslims, mostly bosnians and some albanians. At the moment we have no problems with vahabije (bosnian version of wahhabis).
Genghis Kahn

ram
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ram » Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:42 pm

In the event that the Syrians are going to triumph the arms struggle against their ruling class, then the kind of democracy that they shall have is akin to the way it is run in Turkey. Definitely they will have different administration as compared to the way the Libyans are running their government right now because there are a lot more Syrians who are in the revolutionary movement who are professionals like engineers, lawyers, teachers, etc and some of them studied in European and American universities and are possessing within them the influx of western concept about rights and liberty. Of course the Islamic tradition that they have shall intertwine with the kind of democracy that shall be implemented but perhaps it won't be the way the Egyptians run their government which is primarily dominated by Islamic party that imposes primarily the dogma of the religion and subjugate the civil rights of the people.
Colors are beautiful and deceiving.

jeaguer
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby jeaguer » Tue Jun 12, 2012 2:05 am

The Syrian situation is sliding in complete confusion
On the government side the hard men of the Army , secret police and various more or less spontaneous militias are not obeying prez Assad ,
he is seen as pretty weak and got the job because only his older brother died ,
he was brough back from London where he was studying dentistry
the Assad clan , especialy his mother is pushing him to make no concessions whatsoever ,
they are mindful of what happened to Saddam and Kaddafi
on the oposition side the Syrian national council is seen as a bunch of Wahabists bend on bringging the Islamic light into a pretty secular society
they have strong support from quatar and Saudi Arabia
one of their leader and a long time opponent of the regime has recently resigned in disgust
the Free Syria Army doesn't even listen to them , it's chief is from the alaouit Assad clan and love not the Sharia law
the Christians side with the regime so does the big merchant families from Damascus
every clan , sect and villages is now scrambling for weapons and setting up their young men as militias for protection or pay back for old grievances
the black market price of kalashnikovs is going through the roof in Beiruth

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:25 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18666165

So, no conspiracy theories here... ;)
"Study the past, if you would divine the future"
-Confucius

"I am pedantic, I'm just being overshadowed by Ricky so it isn't as noticable as it would else have been"
-Skua

von woodspeil
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Postby von woodspeil » Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:16 am

what ..no syriAN SPRING ?

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Mon Jul 30, 2012 8:45 pm

Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:56 pm

The terrorists (so called Free Syrian Army) murdering prisorners - warning Graphic footage:
1.:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=333_1343755981

2.:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f35_1343750994

Guess now they will be blaming the syrian goverment for the murders (same as in Libyan case).

Syrian army in Damascus:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d27_1343563727
Genghis Kahn

Return to “General History”