Syria

Discussion of all history subjects not related to World War 2.
TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Syria

Postby TISO » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:16 pm

TISO wrote:We have some muslims, mostly bosnians and some albanians. At the moment we have no problems with vahabije (bosnian version of wahhabis).

Well today our police captured one muslim extremist with dual German/Bosnian citizenship (as per reports recently converted) seeked by Austria as per international arrest warrant for breaking&entering + theft.
He was living in the woods sleeping in a tent and was with his family making it on foot from Germany (where he was under scrutiny by German police for extremist views and trying to convert others) to Bosnia and using occasional empty summer houses (the braking&entering) and stealing the food (+theft part). In austria he was seen and during their attempt to capture him and his wife the pair split, with his wife + 3 moth old child soon aprehended by Austrian police (they are now under care of their social services dept.). He then managed to make it across the border but was subdued and captured by my colegues on our side close to Austrian border after he first tried to escape by jumping into the lake and attacking a police officer with a knife. He will be extradited to Austria
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."
Lt. general Lebed Aleksandr Ivanovich

The Toastinator
Technican 5th Class
Technican 5th Class

Postby The Toastinator » Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:02 pm

TISO wrote:The terrorists (so called Free Syrian Army) murdering prisorners - warning Graphic footage:
1.:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=333_1343755981

2.:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=f35_1343750994

Guess now they will be blaming the syrian goverment for the murders (same as in Libyan case).

Syrian army in Damascus:
http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d27_1343563727

They mentioned this incident on the BBC Radio 4 news last night. Apparently these PoWs were captured Shabiha (sp?), the government militia groups that have been connected to and blamed for some appalling attrocities and this particular group were supposed to have executed 15 captured FSA soldiers.

It doesn't justify their summary executions in return although to be perfectly honest if I was in the situation where I'd captured a group who I believed had shot 15 of my own colleagues, I think I'd probably put them up against the nearest wall too.

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:30 pm

Well in aftermath of Hamma massacre reporting after the first wave of condemnation of Assad forces by the basicly every one there was quite conviniantly ommited by most reporters that most of the civilian victims that were slaughtered (children, women, old) were from 2 extended families loyal to Assad (AFAIK member of parliament and and high up in BAATH party) rest were soldiers and cops of security checkpoint that was overrun and some rebell fighters killed in fighting at said checkpoint and other checkpints where they were repulsed.

Considering our experiance with civil war (fought during ww2) i think that term Sabiha is simply a nice propaganda label to pasted to anyone that is confirmed by video as murdered by rebels rest i.e. unconfirmed being labeled as murdered by Assad forces. IMHO it is quite telling that one can find tons of pic's and films of FSA, Syrian army basicly anyone but so called Sabiha (if you want to go as far back as Iraq war you can find Fedayin Sadaam) which leads me to belive that either they don't exist or they are neigbourhood watch in the areas that support Assad. It also has a rather striking resemblance with Libya where any black african that was muredered in pogroms was conveniantly labeled as mercenary.
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:50 pm

Attack on Syrian army checkpoint. date of uploading is 8th of May 2012
Terrorist attack from a truck which drove to and stoped on the checkpoint. After shots are fired a nearby armoured unit comes to the rescue and surviving terrorists flee. Video was shot by terrorists from nearby position:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSNIiSJ5AW4&feature=related
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Fri Feb 20, 2015 9:56 pm

Ouch
Wesley Clark: "Our friends and allies funded ISIS to destroy Hezbollah":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHLqaSZPe98
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:37 pm

Assad interview to the swedish newspaper (in english)
http://www.expressen.se/nyheter/mote-med-al-assad/en/
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:29 pm

It seems as per russian media russian marines guarding a base in Latakia destroyed a small group of Daesh militatants:
http://fortruss.blogspot.si/2015/09/rus ... syria.html

September 21, 2015

Translated by Kristina Rus

Segodnia.ru:

Russian marines engaged in a fight with militants of the Islamic State near the Syrian city of Latakia.
According to news agency "Fresh Wind", on Saturday night to Sunday morning members of ISIS tried to mount an attack on the airbase, however, they were ambushed.
During the battle, the Russian military claims to have killed some militants, and some captured.
The agency also notes that the ambushed militants had a detailed plan of the air base and clear satellite images marked with key military installations.

Voenternet.ru:

As announced on September 20th by "MILITARY INFORMANT" On the night from September 19 to 20, our marines guarding the Russian military base, located near the settlement of Latakia (Syria), discovered a group of militants walking in the direction of the base, numbering up to 8 people. The decision was made to destroy the enemy, after all, our intelligence knew about the plans of the militants for organizing the attack on the Russian base in Latakia with mortars and small arms.

As a result of the clash, three militants were killed, two captured, and the rest retreated. During the search of the prisoners plans of the airbase and satellite images with the marked important points of the base were found.

Also worth of note is that Russia sent few aircraft to Syria to protect their bases (as per most reports). Now pic's of Su-27 series fighters, approx a dozen Su-25 attackers series and probably few Su-24 series bombers were seen. 4 Su-24's were filmed in formation with Il-76. As for planes themself Su-24 could also be aircraft of SyAF which operates the type quite succesfully and Su-25's could be from IRIAF which has 2 squadrons of them operating from Iraq. IRIAF is extremly active and is flying huge number of missions against Daesh in Iraq and Syria as per some reports at least 2 times the number of US coalition combined (Iranian AF types known to be active Su-24, Su-25, F-4's). Su-27's are a bit more difficoult to explain.
IMHO if for the protection of their bases it can only be from aircraft from certain neighbour state known for bombing Syrian army positions (end generally acting as Daesh AF in the south Syria) and whose panicked PM recently visited Moscov.
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:48 pm

Interesting article. It shows rather well how russians think:
http://fortruss.blogspot.si/2015/09/why-syria-is-russias-stalingrad.html
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Fri Sep 25, 2015 12:37 pm

Interestingly Syrian AF (SyAF) started using new planes recently bought from Russia. As per our military defence magazine Obramba (Defence) russia sent to Syria a batch of Su-24, Su-25 and Su-30. Su-24M2 was present already on the field (for pin-point bombing missions on important comand and control targets). New planes became first active last week (21.-25.sept) during ground operations in eastern Aleppo province (vicinity of Kveris AFB) and are reportedly flown by SyAF pilots. They are citing Reuters.
Interestingly FB group Syrian arab army posted photo of fully armed Su-30 claiming it is VVS (Russian AF) plane:
https://www.facebook.com/syrianmilitary
Genghis Kahn

Return to “General History”