Crimea / Ukraine

Discussion of all history subjects not related to World War 2.
TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Crimea / Ukraine

Postby TISO » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:48 pm

"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."
Lt. general Lebed Aleksandr Ivanovich

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:47 pm

"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:17 pm

Kalashnikov was just one of the murdered politicians and jurnalists in series of "enemies of state" list murders::
http://rt.com/news/250529-ukraine-journalists-killed-database/

This week alone has seen at least four killings of opposition figures in Ukraine. It all started on April 13 with the slaying of journalist Sergey Sukhobok – followed by Kalashnikov two days later and Buzina, the day after that – on the 16th.
The latest murder happened last night when another journalist Olga Moroz - the editor-in-chief of the Neteshinskiy Vestnik, a Ukrainian paper - was found dead in her home, RBK Ukraine reported.
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Sun May 03, 2015 1:51 pm

Seems NATO equipment sent to Ukraine goes the same way the MRE's supplied by US that is being sold on internet:
http://sputniknews.com/military/20150412/1020802028.html
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Sat May 23, 2015 9:32 pm

It seems that someone is trying to provoke war yet again. Commander of Novorossiya (LNR) mechanized brigade "Prizrak" (Ghost) KomBrig Aleksey Mozgovoi and enturage of 6 poeple (Including Ana Aseyeva (Semelyuk) press secretary) were killed in an ambush on highway:
http://colonelcassad.livejournal.com/2198417.html#cutid1
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:34 pm

Before someone else points out the "russians faked the sttelite pic's" bruhaha.
Billingcat report:
https://www.bellingcat.com/resources/how-tos/2015/05/31/how-to-find-historical-imagery-of-russias-faked-satellite-photos/

Now it seems that pros had something to say about billingcat analysis (including the inventor of the program they used):
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/expert-criticizes-allegations-of-russian-mh17-manipulation-a-1037125.html

SPIEGEL ONLINE: Bellingcat says its findings are based on the use of the analysis tool FotoForensic.com, a website.

Kriese: And its founder Neal Krawetz also distanced himself from Bellingcat's conclusions on Twitter. He described it as a good example of "how to not do image analysis." What Bellingcat is doing is nothing more than reading tea leaves. Error Level Analysis is a method used by hobbyists.
SPIEGEL ONLINE: What's your personal conclusion about the satellite images?

Kriese: The first thing to die in war is the truth. Each side likes to throw random smoke bombs. There is no way of knowing if the images show what Moscow is claiming. What one can say, however, is that this "analysis" has achieved nothing besides raising awareness of Bellingcat.

Also US knowingly conceals E. Ukrainian ceasefire violations by Kiev – leak by CyberBerkut:
http://rt.com/news/265089-us-kiev-ceasefire-leak/
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:30 pm

Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:32 pm

It seems that as per DNR reports (more specificaly head of DNR Zharchenko) in series of firefights resulting from ukranian push in area of village Marinka, ukranian volunteer batalion Kiiv-2 was for all intents and purposes destroyed as it lost approx. 400 men and 60 vehicles. Ukranians are also using heavy artillery and MLRS (breaking Minsk II agreament) in area of fighting and against civilian targets i.e. several towns and villages (including Petrovsky district of Doneck).
Since ukranian side prohibited news from the zone ATO (on pains of a couple of years in the slammer) Novrossia side is the only info currently available.

http://ria.ru/world/20150615/1070638413.html
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:28 pm

Interesting artlicles and analysis RE murder of Ghost (Prizrak) brigade CO Mozgovoi. Mind you this is from pro novrossia source and it quite openly discusses internal problems with crime and infighting in LNR and possible Russian and Ukranian involment:
Murder of Mozgovoy – by whom and for what? Part no. 1:
http://cassad-eng.livejournal.com/153119.html#cutid1

Murder of Mozgovoy – by whom and for what? Part no. 2:
http://cassad-eng.livejournal.com/153426.html#cutid1
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Wed Jul 15, 2015 4:12 pm

Failed "night of the long knives" or mafia squabble with political connotations i.e. in aftermath of Mukhachevo shoout between right sector and police right sector now trying 3 maidan revolution calling their poeple to Kiev:
With regard of Nazis (Right sector) shootout with ukranian police close to Hungarian border
http://rt.com/op-edge/273799-ukraine-civil-war-russia/

Problem is that the area of the fighting some 25 miles away from Hungary, 56 miles away from Slovakia and 68 miles away from Romania has numerus minorities (Hungarians, Slovaks, Romanians, Roma and orthodox christian Rusyns) that are on right sector hit list and right sector had no presence there and was also area where large protests against mobilisation for war in the east. Hungarians were quite open from the beggining of Ukranian crisis that they will react (they didn't specify how) if nazis go after hungarian minority in Zakarpatye (Trans Carpathian). Also Czehs are thinking of strenghtening security on the border, Slovaks and Hungarians already heightened security on Ukranian border.

Another interesting development right sector battalions are pulling from Donbass front line to kyev to support their protests against Poroshenko goverment. At the same time regural unts are not taking orders as did happen with veteran 2nd battalion of 17. tank brigade basd in Krivoy Rog (who also served on Donyeck airport) which decided to refuse orders and will not disarm unless it is for demobilisation (they openly said that if they are attacked by ukranian security forces they will defend themselves with). They demand demobilisation (over the year they only got 20 days off the frontline) and are protesting appaling conditions (most of them had to buy their own uniforms) and corruption of higher ups.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTQ2ogDKYHo
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Wed Sep 23, 2015 7:58 pm

wrong topic
Genghis Kahn

Return to “General History”