Worldwide financial crisis

Kick back, relax, and talk about everything you'd like.
wooden major
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Worldwide financial crisis

Postby wooden major » Sun Oct 19, 2008 6:24 am

shame on you skua , everyone knows that russians have ordinary hands just like you and me ,what is not commonly known today is that most russians have cloven hooves and tiny stumpy little tails ..this is what we get for sending them all those lend lease trousers and boots in ww2 ...

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Sun Oct 19, 2008 8:27 pm

Clever Icelanders. Russian loan scared Danes and Norwegians to open a purse. I must admit good show and clever use of the Russian scare.
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."
Lt. general Lebed Aleksandr Ivanovich

Skua
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Skua » Sun Oct 19, 2008 10:43 pm

Stupid is who stupid does ... I guess this sort of remark is only to be expected from people like you?

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Mon Oct 20, 2008 7:57 am

Careful.
"Study the past, if you would divine the future"
-Confucius

"I am pedantic, I'm just being overshadowed by Ricky so it isn't as noticable as it would else have been"
-Skua

wooden major
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby wooden major » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:16 am

one might use a number of adjectives to describe "darth tiso " i dont think "stupid " is a good one .perhaps diabolical , malevolent , mischevous , machiavellian , vlad the impaler, the sinister slovakian or the slinking slovenian ...how about "ornery is as ornery does ?"

Skua
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Skua » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:30 am

I use stupid because TISO can't stand any kind of critisism of his beloved Russia. He uses terms like ''Russia bashing'' and claims that the reason so few Russians visit this forum is because we have some kind of phobic view on Russia. TISO might not be stupid, but his reactions to any form of critisim of Russia are.

The US gets a lot of heat all the time, we still have a lot of Americans around here though. Why don't they disappear because of all the ''bashing'' of their country? Maybe because they know that critisism of everything they stand for is a part of living in the civilized world? You don't have to agree, and you can tell whoever is critisising why, but you wont turn to claims of ''bashing''.

If TISO wants a serious discussion, he'll get the response he deserves. If all he does is making stupid remarks, he'll get the response he deserves as well.

wooden major
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby wooden major » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:37 am

people bash america ? , in this forum ?...im trieing to think , the only person i recall as ever saying an unkind thing about america , is ricky ..and even then he always does it in such a polite and civilized way that you hardly even notice it ..i always assumed there was a dearth of russians because its so dqnged hard to type with those giant claws ..that ,,and they are always soused on homemade bathtub vodka ..well ..not all of them ,some of them drink store bought vodka ...

what would they want with iceland anyway , isnt russia covered in ice 6 feet deep , ten months out of the year ? even a really big tumbler of vodka can only hold about a pound of ice , right ? so figure each person needs perhaps 30 or 40 lbs per day and children will use only half that much ...well mabey they do need iceland ...

sheesh , no wonder they spell so poorly over there and get their p's and r's backwards , its a wonder they can even hold a pen to paper ...three large vodkas and i always get my i's and o's upside down .

Hubsu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Hubsu » Tue Oct 28, 2008 10:11 am

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... ann0.cv9Tw

At least the bailout money goes to the right place: $20 billion as a bonus for "job well done!" on handling the financial crisis :)

bf109 Emil
General
General

Postby bf109 Emil » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:00 am

Why would Iceland, even though in need of money accept a loan from Russia???
-what success has Russia had in lending money and keeping the value of the Ruble(did there economy not collapse after the Afghan fiasco)
-accounting practices surely must have been strained supporting regimes such as "Cuba" in a political effort must say wonders about loan managers practices...
-On the backs of Soviet workers and a strain on improving Russia's citizens lives these where accomplished as surely the Rubles squandered to Cuba, Korea, Viet Nam could have put "a car in every garage and a chicken in every pot"
-What has past history of Russian aid been upon a people or economy? Has it been greeted with open arms as loans from say a Swiss, USA, French, or Great Britain funding has been, or fear of now being cowed as a servant to what can be termed and historically shown as a bully??

Maybe some criticism (and i hold no real knowledge of Soviet back door dealings) as I am from Canada, but in a weird and grey light maybe Tiso is right, if Iceland is silly enough to accept a loan from what past accounting practises of accepting a loan or aid from Russia has meant to the people and nation receiving aid, why would not TISO gloat, at the same time i cannot help but shake my head at Iceland...(just a personal view and no ill-will towards TISO, SKUA or any other whom might have had some deep talks on this matter)
"Badges, we don't need no stinking badges"

Hubsu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Hubsu » Wed Dec 17, 2008 1:17 am

So what do you guys think, is the dollar a goner? ~3% punch from the euro in a single day and ~11% for the past 2 weeks. US stocks will rally next.

The dollar has a bolt gun pointed at the forehead from the butcher and rest of the world and US citizens are looking at horror to it. However, things are looking really great for all of the US companies that exports stuff abroad. Also, for those US companies that have foreign debt things are looking rosy.

We're in for interesting times :D

Revere
Captain
Captain

Postby Revere » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:23 am

but Gold is falling in price again with the dollar rising.
I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse.
-Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor

A Government that can do every thing for you, can take everything from you.
-Abraham Lincoln

Hubsu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Hubsu » Wed Dec 17, 2008 4:16 am

http://finance.yahoo.com/q/bc?s=^GOX&t=5y&l=on&z=m&q=l&c= <- stupid forum software doesn't know how to not split the links

Last few weeks gold has gone up rather fast against the dollar.

ram
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ram » Wed Dec 17, 2008 3:21 pm

Yup, the Gargantuan American Companies are going to harvest their investment, the wise guys have won once again, really the better arsenal and state of the art armament is a great capital to be built, so they've got the wealth, the gold.
Colors are beautiful and deceiving.

bf109 Emil
General
General

Postby bf109 Emil » Wed Dec 17, 2008 6:54 pm

on a hypothetical scenario if the world falls into a great depression with massive layoffs as was the case and point in the 30's. What countries have an adequate supply of resources, programs, and infrastructure in place as well as enough long term plan to provide for it's people and whether the storm? I.E. if the dollar or World Monetary Fund where to collapse....which nation could still have enough of an reserve to provide food, energy,housing, shelter,aid/health to get by??
"Badges, we don't need no stinking badges"

Hubsu
First Lieutenant
First Lieutenant

Postby Hubsu » Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:06 pm

bf109 Emil wrote:What countries have an adequate supply of resources, programs, and infrastructure in place as well as enough long term plan to provide for it's people and whether the storm?

There probably isn't such a country. Best bet will be in the far east, as long as you stay away from Japan, China and the countries whose economies are based on oil exports.

Dollar desperately needs to devalue itself in order to fix the economy. Devaluing dollar is a tad trickier tho, so the FED keeps pumping money on the streets. You should be buying your European import cars now, it wont be as cheap in the coming years :)
Last edited by Hubsu on Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Members' Lounge”