Fun on the BBC

Kick back, relax, and talk about everything you'd like.
Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Re: Fun on the BBC

Postby Ricky » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:00 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-p ... 447457.stm

Somebody needs to get a life. Or better yet, realise that local stereotypes are not international stereotypes.
"Study the past, if you would divine the future"
-Confucius

"I am pedantic, I'm just being overshadowed by Ricky so it isn't as noticable as it would else have been"
-Skua

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:00 am

-Confucius

"I am pedantic, I'm just being overshadowed by Ricky so it isn't as noticable as it would else have been"
-Skua

David W
General
General

Postby David W » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:07 am

You couldn'r write it! :D

Smeghead
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Postby Smeghead » Wed Mar 31, 2010 7:48 am

So... The father of a U.S. Marine has been ordered to pay $16,000+ in legal costs to the Westboro Baptist Church, after unsuccessfully suing them for spoiling his son's funeral with their "God hates fags" posters etc. etc.

I guess this will only encourage them to do it more :(

I mean i know it's all about free speech but it's like the court affirmed a constitutional right to slag off at people at their funerals! isn't that going too far? and don't these people have any dignity?

http://www.sacbee.com/2010/03/29/264154 ... sters.html

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:27 am

Smeghead wrote:don't these people have any dignity?

Sadly, they are doing what they believe to be God's work. Even sadder, they apparently didn't read their Bibles very thoroughly. Even sadder, to my mind, is that they are not only ruining a funeral (which ticks me off) they are dragging Christianity's name through the mud.

A more accurate sign for them to carry might be:

"God finds homosexual acts detestable, but he still loves everybody no matter what"

Now that is Biblical.

A more Biblical thing for them to do would be to express God's love for people by not ruining the family's service of rememberance for their son, dammit.

Sorry, I get annoyed by idiots like that.
-Confucius

-Skua

David W
General
General

Postby David W » Thu Apr 01, 2010 10:52 pm

You & I both!

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:31 am

-Confucius

-Skua

David W
General
General

Postby David W » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Cannibal Pasta?

Wasn't he part of the "A Team"? :mrgreen:

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:05 am

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8652301.stm

What amazes me is that the car that did it appears undamaged.
-Confucius

-Skua

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:36 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/7702913.stm

The perils of multi-lingual signs...
-Confucius

-Skua

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Tue Jun 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Acctualy not so bizzare. Our state is obliged to pay damages if bear, wolf or lynx killes livestock or does damage. As they are on protected species list they are goverment/state responsibility and as such damage is paid by the state (trust me no sheep is as expensive as one killed by bear of a wolf). Hell we even had 2 cases when a bear vandered into a capital city. First one was killed by police after being a bit agressive but second one had to be sedated not killed mind you and later released with a radio tag. In this case it was killed by austrian wild hunters immediatly after crossing Slovene-Austrian border - the bastards.

What is bizzare is that after farmer playing turbo-folk music bear remained in 100km radious of the beehives :mrgreen: must have been deaf or crazy
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."
Lt. general Lebed Aleksandr Ivanovich

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Thu Jul 22, 2010 9:04 am

-Confucius

-Skua

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:03 pm

TISO wrote:

Acctualy not so bizzare. Our state is obliged to pay damages if bear, wolf or lynx killes livestock or does damage. As they are on protected species list they are goverment/state responsibility and as such damage is paid by the state (trust me no sheep is as expensive as one killed by bear of a wolf). Hell we even had 2 cases when a bear vandered into a capital city. First one was killed by police after being a bit agressive but second one had to be sedated not killed mind you and later released with a radio tag. In this case it was killed by austrian wild hunters immediatly after crossing Slovene-Austrian border - the bastards.

What is bizzare is that after farmer playing turbo-folk music bear remained in 100km radious of the beehives :mrgreen: must have been deaf or crazy

An update on the case of Austrian bear murder. The guy was cought by Austrian police after a good forensics work done by Austrian police. BTW bears are protected species in Austria too but they have a huge poaching problem (not enough control over weaponary) and AFAIK only 5-10 bears still live in entire Austria comparing to esctimated 360+ bears in 2007 in Slovenia. Hell tour bears even have their own web page here:
http://www.medvedi.si/
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."
Lt. general Lebed Aleksandr Ivanovich

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:49 am

-Confucius

-Skua

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:48 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-11274481

Remind me not to be a breakfast chef out in Kentucky!
-Confucius

-Skua

Return to “Members' Lounge”