Music you are listening right now

Kick back, relax, and talk about everything you'd like.
TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Music you are listening right now

Postby TISO » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:01 pm

Scotish "pirate" metal band ALESTORM. Somehow i have suden urge to get me some rum
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sp6vqtO57I4&feature=related[/youtube]

"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."
Lt. general Lebed Aleksandr Ivanovich

Christian Ankerstjerne
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Music you are listening right now

Postby Christian Ankerstjerne » Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:13 pm

Pirate metal is indeed a disturbing subgenre. But a fun one, nonetheless :)

I have Aphex Twin one right now.

SturmTiger

Postby SturmTiger » Fri Apr 08, 2011 8:55 pm

I have 'The Crow' soudtrack currently in the CD player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyr5WdrEvGI
Member Since 2/17/2004

JCalhoun
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby JCalhoun » Sat Apr 09, 2011 4:23 pm

Not listening to anything at home right now. Later this afternoon I'll be at the Mobile Pops Band concert at Cathedral Square and then about an hour after that we may go to the Mobile Symphony.
Professionals built the Titanic, amatuers built the Ark.

ram
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ram » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:13 pm

Listening to the songs of Arcade Fire. Laika is awesome.
Colors are beautiful and deceiving.

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:05 pm

Arkona - Po syroi zemle

The movie used in this video is very good polish movie Stara basn eng. The old tale.
With english subtitles:
Part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hN0Xky7u9No

Arkona - Goi rode goi:
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."

ram
General of the Army
General of the Army

Postby ram » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:59 am

Interpol and Arcade Fire are my favorite Indie rock bands...

and of course Guns 'n Roses! Yeah!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E9VhD4SccSE&feature=related[/youtube]
Colors are beautiful and deceiving.

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Fri May 20, 2011 7:53 pm

just got this one:
David Allen Coe - Devil went down to Jamaica

I cant find the video for this one (there are other versions of this song) about cruiser Vayag and battle of Chemulpo bay

Cold waves splash (Pleshut holodniye volni) sometimes called- Death of Varyag (Gibel Variaga) (Blacksea fleet ansamble date unknown)
http://www.sovmusic.ru/m/varyag3.mp3
Genghis Kahn

SturmTiger

Postby SturmTiger » Fri May 20, 2011 8:33 pm

That was most entertaining TISO.
Member Since 2/17/2004

Gunter_Viezenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Gunter_Viezenz » Wed May 25, 2011 11:14 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJVkE14kjhE&utm_source=getresponse&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=sabaton&utm_content=Video+premiere+today.[/youtube]

I first found this band on this forum actually, been a fan every since hearing Atterro Dominatus and Primo Victoria. So big thanks to whoever posted these guys on the forum couple years back.

Never have so many fought so hard, for so long, for so little, to be betrayed by so few. - RAF regarding Yalta Conference and their Polish Allies

"The Warsaw Uprising to the Poles is 9/11 for 63 consecutive days" - Norman Davies

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Thu May 26, 2011 8:17 am

The best instrumental band of all time The ventures:

Check out this kid Chi Chi (at the time 8 years old 2006) and Nookie Edvards from Ventures

The Hollies:

One for fun:
Bubbles (Trailer park boys) - Liquor and whores
Genghis Kahn

Hoosier
Major General
Major General

Postby Hoosier » Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:53 pm

The Civil Wars... "Barton Hollow" album.
Very refreshing and great harmonies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfzRlcnq_c0

Tim

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Fri Jun 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Since you mention civil war. Warning: political text from 2007
Red state update (Jackie Broyles and Dunlap) - Civil war part 2:

http://www.redstateupdate.com/
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Golubie Bereti - 100 yeras of V.F.Margelov.

Song dedicated father of post ww2 soviet/russian paratropers army general Margelov Vasilli Fillipovich or batya Vasya (father Vasya). Sometimes VDV (Vzdushno desantiye voyska - air landing army) is used by paras as Voyska dyadi Vasyi (army of granpa Vasya). Probably the only soviet airborne genaral having US "Bronze star" and "Legion of merit".
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:40 pm

scenes are from TV series "Sharp's shooters"

another good one
Boys who wore the green (with text):

The best version of Gentelmen soldier by Pogues:
Genghis Kahn

Return to “Members' Lounge”