Music you are listening right now

Kick back, relax, and talk about everything you'd like.
TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Re: Music you are listening right now

Postby TISO » Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:45 pm

No i didn't but is nice to hear that we have such famous names among us. Another one is a man behind modelling company (1/32 scale WW1 aircraft) Wingnuts Wings i.e. Sir Peter Jackson of Lord of the rings fame.

An interesting article
Wingnuts - Behind the Lord of the Wings:
http://www.hyperscale.com/2010/features/wwinterviewdw_1.htm

Have a nice read.
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."
Lt. general Lebed Aleksandr Ivanovich

SturmTiger

Postby SturmTiger » Fri Sep 13, 2013 11:51 am

It's nice to see somebody with money doing something cool with it.I didn't know Peter Jackson restored aircraft.
Ofcourse you know I be diggin' on the Blues Brothers.
Member Since 2/17/2004

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:53 pm

Underdog of all instruments the ukulele. Enjoy
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly by The Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain:

Hotel California by Ukulele Duet :
"I am the punishment of God...If you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you"
Genghis Kahn

I am not ordering you to attack, I am ordering you to die. Until we die, we can win the time for the arrival of new troops and commanders.
from the order for counter attack from lt.col. Mustafa Kemal to his 57th Brigade on 25th of April 1915 Gallipoli

"I am not without sins. There cannot be an airborne assault general who has no sins. I spit on popularity ratings. I live and serve as I see fit."

JCalhoun
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby JCalhoun » Sat Nov 30, 2013 10:05 am

Awesome.

I really like the Good, Bad and Ugly theme!
Professionals built the Titanic, amatuers built the Ark.

dazzerjeep
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby dazzerjeep » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:10 pm

JCalhoun wrote:Awesome.

I really like the Good, Bad and Ugly theme!

Got the hairs on the back of my neck up, great music :D
Regards Darren, sorry my spelling is carp

dazzerjeep
Second Lieutenant
Second Lieutenant

Postby dazzerjeep » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:13 pm

one of my fave songs

I hope this works :?

[youtube]/QfVejpYc8Zc[youtube]

No :cry:

It was 'Elbow - One day like this'
Regards Darren, sorry my spelling is carp

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:36 pm

Leave it to the Finns:
Thunderstruck by Steve'n'Seagulls (LIVE) - Finnish hillbilly version (banjo, kontrabass, mandolin, accordion, drums, anvil&wrench, spoons)
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:00 pm

Japanese band Edelweiss kapelle performing slovene song of Avsenik brothers Slovenija od kod lepote tvoje (Slovenia from where your beuty is) in if i might add in btter slovene than some of my friends speak:

Same band playing potpurri od Avsenik songs:

Just a little note this music is called Oberkreiner muzik in german (Oberkrein is german for slovene Gorenjska region we call it narodnozabavna glasba - folk pop music)

World record in mass accordion playing of 2011 (1137 performers) songs V dolini tihi (in the quiet valley by Lojze Slak) and Na Golici (On Golica hill - Slavko Avsenik):

Slovene accordion masters - diatonic accordion (frajtonarca):
Genghis Kahn

dutchman
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Postby dutchman » Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:36 pm

Today it's Garth Brooks, "Ireland" Later it will likely be The Charlie Daniels Band and if the day goes poorly Marty Robbins or Frankie Lane by evening. Sorry, but being an old fart I may listen to music most have never heard of. :lol:

SturmTiger

Postby SturmTiger » Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:29 pm

I'm listening to this epic piece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WQyYBosV5Q
Member Since 2/17/2004

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:03 pm

Sabaton - Resist and bite (Heroes)
about Chassuers Ardennes in 1940:

Sabaton - Smoking snakes (Heroes)
Song about last stand of soldiers Arlindo Lúcio Da Silva, Geraldo Rodriguez De Souza and Geraldo Baêta Da Cruz of Brasilian 11.º Regimento de Infantaria Expedicionário of Força Expedicionária Brasileira

Sabaton - 1648 (Carolus Rex)
About defence of Prague against Swedish forces in 30 years war:

Alestorm - Nancy the tavern wench
The best bar commercial ever:
Genghis Kahn

TISO
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby TISO » Sun May 24, 2015 10:35 pm

Aussie band The beards. Guess what they are singing about. Not for non bearded men as they are somewhat militatant members of our bearded nation (some of their songs are not safe for work):

The Beards - If Your Dad Doesn't Have a Beard, You've Got Two Mums (music video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmFnarFSj_U

The Beards - The beards club:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8jPS--A1XoI

The Beards - Bearded Nation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9MPC1TRI4E

The Beards - Growing a Beard (music video):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E7bfMxRWGAY

The Beards - You should consider having sex with a bearded man (live on Triple J Radio - 2011):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJkLH4uZ73M
Genghis Kahn

Return to “Members' Lounge”