POTUS 2016

Kick back, relax, and talk about everything you'd like.
Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

POTUS 2016

Postby Ricky » Tue Apr 14, 2015 12:38 pm

So it's that kinda time when the US election trail is starting to be global news again.

What do we reckon? I know most of our US members here are generally anti-Democrat, but do you think Hillary will be the Democratic candidate? Will the Republicans be able to field anybody who can win?
"Study the past, if you would divine the future"
-Confucius

"I am pedantic, I'm just being overshadowed by Ricky so it isn't as noticable as it would else have been"
-Skua

SturmTiger

Re: POTUS 2016

Postby SturmTiger » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:04 pm

I am not looking forward to all this bullshit.I can't stand politicians in general.
Member Since 2/17/2004

JCalhoun
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby JCalhoun » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:26 am

I think Hillary will be the Dems choice but I hope there is some competition. She would have gotten it the last time if it wasn't for Obama and she knows it. We have enough Clintons and Bush's (Jeb is supposed to run).

Unfortunately, the voters will vote for whoever is cool at the moment rather than trying find out anything at all about the candidates.

If the GOP wants to beat the Billary machine they need to come up with a Ted Cruz - Rand Paul combo. That would appeal to younger voters, traditional conservatives and the fiscal minded.

The GOP usually shoots itself in the foot though by always being linked (and rightly so) to big business interests. They put up the candidate that is in their best interest instead of the county's and they loose because of it.
Professionals built the Titanic, amatuers built the Ark.

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Thu May 28, 2015 8:56 am

SturmTiger wrote:I am not looking forward to all this bullshit.I can't stand politicians in general.

"Study the past, if you would divine the future"
-Confucius

"I am pedantic, I'm just being overshadowed by Ricky so it isn't as noticable as it would else have been"
-Skua

dutchman
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Postby dutchman » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:14 am

Ricky wrote:
SturmTiger wrote:I am not looking forward to all this bullshit.I can't stand politicians in general.

Not to mention things will be settled by bribes and kick backs! Just like soccer!

Hoosier
Major General
Major General

Postby Hoosier » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:21 am

Hey there Dutchman.
I'd be stocking-up on 30rd Magpul mags and lots of 5.56 NATO ammo.... the election will be here 'fore you know it!
--Tim

dutchman
Technical Sergeant
Technical Sergeant

Postby dutchman » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:54 pm

I'm to old to worry about that, If I've got a full mag I'll have more then enough.

Return to “Members' Lounge”