Introduce yourself

Be sure to check the guidelines and announcements in this forum first, and feel free to provide feedback.
Christian Ankerstjerne
Administrator
Administrator

Introduce yourself

Postby Christian Ankerstjerne » Thu Feb 28, 2008 6:34 pm

Check-in thread for new and old members.

Stonewall
Recruit

Re: Introduce yourself

Postby Stonewall » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:01 pm

hey

Stix
Captain
Captain

Postby Stix » Sat Mar 01, 2008 2:10 pm

Hey there stonewall.
Are you a transfer from the old forum? because I don't recall you.
Then again, I've been a long time member, but hardly fanatical.
Because common sense, isn't all that common.

Christian Ankerstjerne
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Christian Ankerstjerne » Sat Mar 01, 2008 4:44 pm

Stonewall is definitely a long-time member of the old forum - so welcome back!

PanzerProfile

Postby PanzerProfile » Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:44 pm

not many people seem to have found this thread so far. Would it be worth transferring it back to the Members´Lounge?

Christian Ankerstjerne
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Christian Ankerstjerne » Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:18 pm

Let's wait a little while and see. Otherwise, we'll transfer it back where more people may see it.

JCalhoun
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby JCalhoun » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:07 pm

I just found it. It would probably get a more attention there. At least a link to it anyway. :)
Professionals built the Titanic, amatuers built the Ark.

PanzerProfile

Postby PanzerProfile » Thu Mar 13, 2008 8:36 pm

indeed a good idea as well.
Well maybe posting some more here does make a difference.

Let me introduce myself, all in style of the actual thread subject. I invite you all to do thesame!

Well hello, hi there.
My name is PanzerProfile, I'm 21 years old, and come from the western part of the Netherlands. (That ought to be specific enough for members coming from all over the globe ;) )
I've been with this forum now for about... 4 years, and it has always been great fun. Over the years I have grown into a frequent poster in the WW2 Hobbies section, since I practice (mostly German) modelling on 1/72 scale. I found quite a few very nice people there to share experiences and pictures with.
A couple of years back I also occasionally contributed to the ww2 tanks section, but my knowledge on those subjects has long run dry and the level of information shared over there is way beyond me. I really do like to read there though.
On a more personal note, other hobbies of mine are ice-speedskating, roadcycling and I study Human Geography.

That ought to do it!
Cheers,
PP.

Revere
Captain
Captain

Postby Revere » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:49 am

Alright,

Im Revere, 17 and go to high school in north east Iowa, USofA. I run track & cross country at my school. I probably will join the service with some of my friends, Marines most likely. thats about all...
I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men, and German to my horse.
-Charles V, Holy Roman Emperor

A Government that can do every thing for you, can take everything from you.
-Abraham Lincoln

dave
First Sergeant
First Sergeant

Postby dave » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:28 pm

Hi
I'm Dave
Well I'm 17 from Bristol in the UK, I'm 5'10 and 215-220 pounds (around 16 stone), I used to play alot of rugby as a prop/2nd row, hence the weigh, I'm currently studying A level History, Psychology, Archaeology and Philosophy and Ethics. I'm hoping to go to Uni and study War Studies.

I'm a target shooter and occasionally shoot clay pigeon. I personally own several rifles and de-activated firearms.
Firearms is my main area of knowledge.

Musically I'm a big fan of metal, but will listen to almost anything from Classical to Drum and Bass
Last edited by dave on Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

JCalhoun
Lieutenant General
Lieutenant General

Postby JCalhoun » Fri Apr 18, 2008 1:19 am

I live on the Gulf Coast of the USA in Alabama. My trade is making drinking water for a local municipality. My hobbies are shooting and war gaming.
Professionals built the Titanic, amatuers built the Ark.

Roel
Former Administrator
Former Administrator

Postby Roel » Sun Apr 20, 2008 3:13 pm

Wow, this thread used to be much bigger on the old forum!

I'm Roel, I'm with the Old Guard, and I've been around almost since the beginning. For four years I was an Admin, but lately my many other activities have started demanding so much of my attention that I had to resign from that position. I still enjoy reading and participating in threads all over this forum every now and then.

As for myself, I'm currently 19 years old, from the Western Netherlands, and I study Ancient Military History (and some Chinese) at Leiden University. I've already attained my BA degree in 2007 and I hope to get my MPhil degree next year. There was a time when I could make serious contributions to the debates on this forum, but the level of expertise among the other members has risen incredibly and I sometimes find myself too intimidated to post...
"The Athenians were born neither to have peace, nor to let others have it"
- Thucydides

Ricky
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Postby Ricky » Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:38 am

Roel? No, the name does not ring a bell... :mrgreen:

Me, I'm Ricky. I'm another Old Guard, though not as Old Guard as Roel. Call me a Middle Guard. I've been an Admin for a couple of years now. I'm also now the highest poster in the new forum. I was second highest in the old forum, thanks to some Dutch guy...

utside of the forum I am 27 (28 later this year), married (almost 3 years and still happy), recent home-owner, and working as an Administrator in a University. I love history, and will happily discuss or learn about any era - except 'Early Modern' European which I find boring. ;)
"Study the past, if you would divine the future"
-Confucius

"I am pedantic, I'm just being overshadowed by Ricky so it isn't as noticable as it would else have been"
-Skua

Roel
Former Administrator
Former Administrator

Postby Roel » Mon Apr 21, 2008 9:46 pm

"Later this year", he says! If you're not in the UK, best send your presents out tomorrow, they might just make it in time! :mrgreen:
"The Athenians were born neither to have peace, nor to let others have it"
- Thucydides

Gunter_Viezenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Postby Gunter_Viezenz » Mon Apr 21, 2008 10:46 pm

Well I guess it's my turn..

I am Gunter (not real name), I was born in Poland and I have been living in Canada for almost 10 years. Next year I am going into Engineering at the university and history just happens to be one of my hobbies specifically WWII and Polish history (hard because much of it was lost and rewritten by Prussia, Russia and Austria after 1795). Ussualy I am a bit random and you will rarely get a straight answer out of me. My hobbies also include video games (who would have guessed).
Never have so many fought so hard, for so long, for so little, to be betrayed by so few. - RAF regarding Yalta Conference and their Polish Allies

"The Warsaw Uprising to the Poles is 9/11 for 63 consecutive days" - Norman Davies

Return to “Announcements and Suggestions”